Summer Entertaining with Style & On Budget
The local Goodwill is a treasure trove of fabulous dining and entertaining items to build onto your style. So today we’re sharing some tips to create your own summer entertaining space with tons of style and all on budget!
Perusing the aisle will help get your creative juices working so you can begin to see color themes and Holiday ideas. I always suggest you start by keeping an inventory of what you already own in a file on your phone. Try to avoid investing too heavily in any one category.
Pictured are some luncheon sets I recently found for $1.99 each at Goodwill Elyria – I loved the idea of herb plates with their soft greens, yellows, and blues to layer with green plates I already had at home. I found these on a different thrift, pedestal fluted iced tea glasses that just had such an elegant style. I know I had some great elements at home that could help me create a perfect summer entertaining tablescape.
I’m a massive fan of black and white stripes with pops of sunshine yellow, and this setting on the patio garden is an everyday occurrence. Making every meal beautiful is an expression of love.
Summer Entertaining with Goodwill
So how do you create your own summer entertaining style? With a little help from Goodwill of course! Here are a few tips that will help you get started.
Tips for Entertaining with Style
- Review what your already own and want to build upon
- Snap a few pics on your phone before thrifting
- Narrow your color palette so all your dish and glassware mix and match into multiple looks
- Identify styles that most appeal to you to ignite ideas by visiting Pinterest
- It’s okay to buy one-offs for layering into your table settings so long as they mirror in color and size
- Placemats and cloth napkins elevate your table setting and provide texture and contrast
- Keep your eye open for flatware as a great accessory. Start with stainless silver, black, and gold to have the basic neutrals.
Tips for Staying on Budget
- Determine a budget before shopping.
- Take cash in the budget you’ve identified to avoid overspending
- Start thrifting far enough before your event, so you don’t settle on close enough but not perfect for your vision.
- Visit multiple locations with a list of what is needed.
Blogger Bio: Traci McBride
Traci McBride is a Life Stylist and founder of TeeMcBee Consulting Ventures, LLC, focused on individual personal styling and wardrobe management since 2008. Traci worked with and has been certified by Style for Hire’s Stacy London celebrity stylist.
Visit Traci’s website! Coming soon Zhooshing Spaces website offering services virtually & in-person, offering complimentary Chat with Tee 30 min. Calls by visiting our website.
Traci is passionate about bringing form, function & style into every area of one’s life while expressing yourself. More Color, More Style, More Self Expression = More Passion & Confidence in Your Life