Stark County Health Department and SARTA join forces for mobile COVID-19 vaccination clinics around the county
(Jackson Twp., OH) – The Stark County Health Department and SARTA are joining forces to host eight mobile COVID-19 vaccination clinics around Stark County on July 14, July 21, and July 28. The SARTA buses will serve as the vaccination clinic and will setup in the parking lots at eight area locations. Residents will receive a mailer with the details and locations on the clinics. No appointment is necessary for these clinics.
“Our department is continuing to make the COVID-19 vaccine accessible to all communities through convenient mobile clinics through our partnership with SARTA,” said Health Commissioner of the Stark County Health Department Kirkland Norris, RS, MPH. “We greatly value our community partnerships with our village, township, and city officials that have worked with us to identify these locations. SARTA has also been an excellent partner as we continue our battle against the virus and its variant forms.”
“The continuation of this mobile vaccination partnership is vital to getting Stark County moving again,” stated SARTA CEO, Kirt Conrad.” “Right now we’re focusing our efforts on getting the vaccination to the people and this next round of stops using SARTA vehicles will help achieve that. We are pleased to work with the Stark County Health Department on these vaccination clinics that are designed to help alleviate some of the transportation and accessibility issues while allowing an ease of local access to the COVID vaccine.”
The Stark County Health Department will be administering Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at the clinics. This is the only vaccine approved for residents 12 years of age and older. Those that are minors, 12 to 17 years of age, must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian to their vaccine appointment. The parent or legal guardian must sign a consent form upon checking in at the clinics.
Mobile vaccination clinics locations and times:
Mobile Vaccination Clinics July 14
- Stop 1: Holy Family Parish (St. Therese Church) – 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- 512 Wabash Ave. S, Brewster, OH 44613
- Stop 2: Fohl Village Manufactured Housing Community – 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 5729 Joleda Dr. SW, Canton, OH 44706
- Stop 3: Waynesburg Village Hall– 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- 110 North Main St., Waynesburg, OH 44688
Mobile Vaccination Clinics July 21
- Stop 1: Hartville Fire Department – 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- 411 East Maple St., Hartville, OH 44632
- Stop 2: Goodwill Store – 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 12501 State St. NE, Alliance, OH 44601
- Stop 3: Louisville Police Department – 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- 1150 W Main St., Louisville, OH 44641
Mobile Vaccination Clinics July 28
- Stop 1: Lawrence Township Admin Building – 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- 5828 Manchester Ave. NW, North Lawrence, OH 44666
- Stop 2: Tuslaw High School – 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 1847 Manchester Ave NW Massillon, OH 44647
Those residents not able to make it to these locations can still schedule an appointment with the Stark County Health Department located at 7235 Whipple Ave. NW, North Canton, Ohio 44720. All COVID-19 vaccine clinics have been moved back to the department and are no longer hosted at the Whipple-Dale Centre. Residents wanting to schedule an appointment can schedule through ArmorVax.com and as a mobile app for Apple and Android devices. However, those that do not have access to a computer, internet or who have difficulty using ArmorVax may still call the registration phone line at 330.451.1681 to schedule an appointment. Walk-in availability is also welcome at all clinics of the Stark County Health Department.
Funding for these clinics is provided by the Community Development Block Grant through the Stark County Board of Commissioners. This funding is specifically for COVID-19 response activities in villages, townships, and cities with the jurisdiction of the Stark County Health Department.
Stark County Health Department
Kay Conley, MPA, CHES
Director of Administration & Support Services
Chief Executive Officer
330.477.2782 ext. 522