Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio will be opening select retail stores on Tuesday, May 12.
The following stores will operate under abbreviated hours of 10am to 6pm daily:
- North Canton (1230 N Main Street, North Canton, OH 44720)
- Jackson Township (7257 Fulton Dr. NW, Canton, OH 44718)
- New Philadelphia (260 Bluebell Dr., New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663)
- Strongsville (16160 Pearl Road, Strongsville, OH 44136)
- North Olmsted (23100 Lorain Road, North Olmsted, OH 44070)
- Mayfield Heights (6605 Mayfield Road, Mayfield Heights, Ohio 44124)
- Painesville (2175 Mentor Ave., Painesville, OH 44077)
There will be a designated hour of shopping for seniors and high-risk customers, 9 – 10 am Tuesdays (beginning May 19).
Goodwill has taken steps to ensure the safety of employees, customers and donors by implementing the State of Ohio’s business reopening plan along with recommendations from the CDC and other health organizations.
These steps in retail stores include adding shields at all cash registers, implementing 6-foot social distancing throughout the store, one-way aisles, frequent cleaning and disinfecting of hard surfaces and carts and all employees wearing masks. For the safety of our employees and other customers, Goodwill requires customers to wear masks or face coverings while shopping in the stores.
The color tag sales and dollar days promotions will be temporarily suspended until mid-June. Good Points rewards will be honored, though.
Goodwill will continue to operate ‘no touch’ donation centers at the North Canton, Jackson Township, Canton (West Tuscarawas), New Philadelphia, Strongsville, North Olmsted, Mayfield Heights, Painesville locations.
- The ‘no touch’ donation centers will have designated bins outside of the facility for donors to use.
- Donors are asked to not unload their donations while another donor is unloading their items. Instead, donors are requested to wait in their car until others are finished and have pulled away.
- Goodwill staff will not be assisting with the unloading of materials from vehicles and cannot assist with larger pieces.
- There is no home pickup service available for donations.
- Receipts for donations given at the ‘no touch’ donation centers can be secured by logging onto goodwillgoodskills.org.
- All donations will be stored for a minimum of 72 hours before being sorted and placed on the sales floor.