- This event has passed.
Community Recycle Day
Goodwill Community Recycle Day
sponsored by the Stark-Tuscarawas-Wayne Recycling District
Saturday, June 4
9 a.m. – noon
6200 Frank Avenue NW, North Canton (map)
Goodwill is excited to host one of our community’s largest recycling event, Saturday, June 4 from 9:00 a.m. to noon at Stark State College at 6200 Frank Ave. NW in North Canton. The event is sponsored by the Stark-Tuscarawas-Wayne Recycling District.
Goodwill has partnered with the Jackson Township Lions Club Recycle for Sight, Jackson Police Department, Stark County Sheriff’s Department, Shred Smart and Stark County Hunger Task Force to provide the opportunity to recycle clothing, household items, home décor, electronics (working and non-working), eyeglasses, hearing aids, on-site document destruction and safely dispose of prescription drugs.
Some of the items that are not available to recycle are tube televisions, light bulbs, hazardous materials, needles, syringes, tires, mattresses, wheels, large appliances, car seats, highchairs, walkers and cribs. Find comprehensive list below.
Recyclers are also asked to bring non-perishable food items to the Stark Hunger Task Force.
- All paper brought for shredding must be unpacked and ready for dumping / shredding upon arrival to ensure a speedy process for all attending. Ex. All metal and plastic objects removed
- Wet paper and metal / plastic binders are not accepted. Both would clog and possibly damage the shredding unit resulting in ShredSmart having to slow down or stop site operations.
- All participants must take back boxes and bags used to deliver the paper for destruction.
Items Not Accepted
- Large appliances: refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, water heaters
- Auto parts: automobile doors, fenders, motors, tires, wheels, hubcaps
- Trash or garbage
- Tube televisions
- Lightbulbs and batteries
- Large/bulky items: swing sets swimming pools, carpeting, metal and office desks
- Damaged or dirty furniture
- Household chemicals: insecticides, cleaning products
- Propane tanks and kerosene heaters
- Pianos and organs
- Weapons: guns, hunting knives, ammunition, fireworks
- Hazardous materials including paint
- Cribs, car seats, walkers, highchairs
- Building and plumbing materials: windows, doors, sinks, tubs
- Billiard/pool tables
- Needles and syringes
- Each vendor has the right to decline items