Tuesday, February 25, 2020
by 30 Day Declutter Challenge
It's that time of year again, everyone is talking about decluttering and spring cleaning. But why is this so important? Decluttering allows you to reclaim your home, gives you a sense of accomplishment and reduces stress in your life.
We understand how overwhelming it can be to get everything on your to-do list done. We're here to help with a 30 day declutter challenge!
Click here to download a printable .pdf
It's important to understand what you should keep, what to donate and what can be thrown away. While cleaning out cabinets and closets here are a few questions we recommend asking yourself.
- Is this item something I regularly use?
- If not, is this something that I love and sparks joy?
- When was the last time I used this?
- Could someone else use it more than me?
- Am I keeping this out of obligation or expectation?
- Am I holding onto this because I think I should love it?
- Do I have multiples of the same thing?
- Could something else I own do the same job?
- If this stuff was gone, would this space be more beneficial?
- If I get rid of this item, how difficult would it be to replace it?
- Am I putting this in the junk drawer because it doesn’t have a place… or a real purpose?
Make sure to have a few boxes or trash bags on hand when going through this process. Label one donate and one trash. If you've decided to get rid of an item and it's still usable, add it to the donate box! Not sure if it should be donated? Check out our donation guide.